We’re nearing the end of Year 6 and for Torbay and Devon Civic Award participants that means achieving another goal in your year: graduating from the Torbay and Devon Civic programme.
During June 2018 there will be dozens of independent accessors visiting around 14 Primary Schools throughout Devon where you will have the opportunity to discuss and demonstrate all you have achieved during your time on the Torbay and Devon Civic Award from September 2017 – June 2018.
The Assessment Day is a bit like a job interview in the future! Be confident and be prepared!
Below is a checklist to help you prepare for the assessment and of course during the assessment.
- Check your file the night before and make sure that you have everything you need. Don’t forget other items you might need to bring like musical instruments to play, trophies, collections or portfolios of Art
- Make sure that your file is organised into sections. Try to talk through each section at a time with the assessor- don’t confuse them by muddling your evidence
- The assessors really want you to be successful. They will not try to trick you!
- You may take a phone, laptop or tablet into your assessment to show photos or films
- Smile when you meet your assessor. Shake hands and introduce yourself
- Learn and use your assessor’s name
- This is your chance to shine! Be honest and show off all you have done!
- Try to relax and enjoy yourself!
- Thank them at the end.